With the holiday season upon us, we hope you are able to take some time planning ahead and remaining mindful of your finances and financial goals for 2017. Trust us – planning and mindfulness go a long way and can truly help you enjoy being with family and friends over the holidays and into the new year! It’s this time of year that leaves people feeling overextended (what fun are the holidays if you’re stressed out?). To help you enjoy this holiday season and stay financially sound consider:
Take a “staycation”
- There are tons of “touristy” things to do in Austin. Create a running list of cool spots to visit or things to do with family and friends. Maybe add a few to you list of New Year’s resolutions!
Plan ahead for 2017
- Use 2016 as a resource to establish a budget for yourself and your family and begin the new year strong with a healthy and positive financial mindset.
Exercise solid financial habits
- Deliberate daily financial actions will make you a more successful business owner. Read and implement our article on the 7 Financial Habits of Successful Business Owners.
Enjoy the great outdoors
- Take advantage of all the great state parks in the area for a day trip or even a weekend excursion! Many are free and absolutely beautiful this time of year.
- When using cash, it’s easy to have a perception of what leaves your pocket. In swiping a credit/debit card and having it returned to you, “nothing” is lost in the transaction . This alone could be a huge 2017 resolution for each person in your family.
Remember your four-legged family members
- Save on holiday travel expenses by leaving your dog in Austin and ensuring they have as fun a time as you on vacation! Taurus Academy is the place for you! An Austin business and client of Ark Financial Group, Taurus truly innovates pet services. You can rest assured that they’ll be in the best of hands.